Living in your own home as a senior sometimes means that you will need some support to help you maintain your independence.
Accepting that you need more help than you used to is often difficult but our goal is to help you live your life to the full rather than creating a dependent relationship. Needing support doesn’t mean that you have lost your independence or that you have to move into assisted living or a retirement home.
With the extra support from the CareCompany you will have peace of mind knowing that you can continue doing the things you’ve always enjoyed whilst living comfortably in your own home. Here are some questions to ask yourself if you’re considering extra support:
- Are you eating differently? Do you feel like you’re getting all the nutrients you need?
- Have you run out of groceries but can’t get to the shops?
- Is cleaning or maintaining your household a bother?
- Do you find it difficult to care for your pets or take your dog for a walk?
- Do you need to get to the bank but you can’t drive anymore?
- You miss medical and other important appointments because you can’t get there or forget to write down your appointments?
- Are you forgetting to take scheduled medication and/or refill your prescription?
- Are you unsociable but feel lonely or depressed?
- When last did you leave your house?
- Have you lost touch with your family and friends?
- Do you want company when going out for coffee, visiting friends or attending events?
- Do you need help using Facebook or Skype to connect with loved ones who live far away?
- Is unopened mail piling up?
- Do you need help writing emails or posting letters to loved ones?
- Do you just want to enjoy someone’s company in your own home and have a chat over a pot of tea?
We have a team of well qualified carers who are ready to assist you with a variety of daily tasks allowing you to stay in your home for as long as possible. Contact our Office to chat about your needs.