Being discharged from hospital? Need some help to get you back on your feet? Our Hospital to Home Aftercare service could be what you looking for.
After a stay in hospital it is normal to look forward to returning to your own home and recuperate in the place where you feel most comfortable and relaxed. But often your needs will have changed somewhat and even if it’s only for a short time, you may need some extra support while you are recovering.
Our Hospital to Home service lets you come home after a stay in hospital with the peace of mind that you have someone you can depend on. Whether you require a high level of care or just some support with activities during your recuperation period, we can provide a range of services to assist you and help you get well again.
If you are worried that you will not be able to manage on your own after a stay in hospital our service can help you avoid moving into a nursing or residential home by providing short-term practical and emotional support to help to get to the hospital, help you to return home, and help you to settle back in to your familiar surroundings. We provide support on the day – we’ll even sit with you while you wait – and we’ll be there for you in the long-run getting you back to your normal routine.
Our help includes:
- Ensuring you are warm and comfortable.
- Emotional support and companionship.
- Assistance with light household duties and shopping.
- Helping you get any other support or services you may need.
“I still needed a lot of bed rest after my stay in hospital even though I was feeling better by the day. My Companion has a lot to do with my recovery, she would pop in, make sure I was comfortable, check in with the doctor on my progress and massage my legs and feet which really helped my circulation. I don’t think I would have recovered as quickly if it wasn’t for her. She even fetched me on my birthday and took me to Nerina Gardens for the Tea and Toes Clinic where I had my feet treated and a cup of tea and birthday cake while spending the day with wonderful company. She is a special lady.” – Mrs Siemelick
Is this service the right one for me?
Hospital to home is most suited to those who are either:
- Currently an in-patient in hospital, wanting to return home immediately after being discharged.
- Due to be admitted to hospital and will require support after they have been discharged.
- In need of practical help or advice about returning home after leaving hospital.
- Already at home and in need of extra support following a recent stay in hospital.
- Whatever your circumstances, we can offer a service tailored to meet your individual needs.
“I am amazed and overwhelmed by the sincere love and concern my Companion has shown our family. My husband recently had a stroke and it has left me as the sole carer for him and our two disabled sons. She is always there to listen and support me in taking care of them, especially since my husband is battling to come to terms with his disability since the stroke. Without Julia and the CareCompany, I don’t know how I would be able to continue to care for my family and myself.” – Mrs Bush